CVS strives to generate new scientific knowledge by carrying out economic research through the rigorous application of experimental methodology. At CVS, we run various experiments to assess the validity of economic theories or specific hypotheses, as well as to compare and analyze results under different settings and rules. We incentivize the subjects of our experiments through financial rewards in the form of cash so that the incentives are real, allowing us to observe their behavior and analyze how individuals make decisions under various institutional arrangements.
Vernon Smith Publications Center of Experimental Economics :
- Valuation Structure in First-Price and Least-Revenue Auctions: An Experimental Investigation. D. Aycinena, R. Baltaduonis, and L. Rentschler.
- Risk Preferences and Prenatal Exposure to Sex Hormones for Ladinos D. Aycinena, R. Baltaduonis, and L. Rentschler.
Working Papers and other publications of researchers affiliated with the CVS
- The impact of remittance fees on remittance flows: Evidence from a field experiment among Salvadorean migrants. D Aycinena, C Martinez, D Yang. Working Paper, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Savings in Transnational Households: A Field Experiment Among Migrants from El Salvador. N Ashraf, D Aycinena, C Martínez A., D Yang. Review of Economics and Statistics (forthcoming)
- Channeling Remittances to Education: A Field Experiment Among Migrants from El Salvador. K Ambler, D Aycinena, D Yang. American Economic Journal: Applied Economics (forthcoming)
- Remittance Responses to Temporary Discounts: A Field Experiment among Central American Migrants. K Ambler, D Aycinena, D Yang. NBER Working Paper No. 20522
Working Papers of Vernon Smith Center for Experimental Economics
- Auctions with endogenous participation and an uncertain number of bidders: experimental evidence D. Aycinena, L. Rentschler.
- Informed entry in auctions D. Aycinena, H. Bejarano, L. Rentschler.
Books and chapters researchers Vernon Smith Center
- Diego Aycinena, David Porter and Stephen Rassenti. “Diseño de Sistemas Económicos”, in Economía Experimental y delComportamiento, ed. Pablo Brañas-Garza (Barcelona: Antoni Bosch) 2011.
- Diego Aycinena, Sebastian Calonico, Gabriela Inchauste, Claudia Martinez A. and Dean Yang. “Measuring the Impact of the US Financial Crisis on Salvadoran Migrants and Family Remittances”, in Financing the Family:Remittances to Central America in a Time of Crisis. ed. Gabriela Inchauste and Ernesto Stein, Inter-American Development Bank (New York, Palgrave Macmillan) 2013.